Even if you’re hiring professional installation services for your satellite dish, there are several steps you can take beforehand to ensure that the project goes smoothly. These steps include:
- Checking for local codes and ordinances – Find out about building codes, local ordinances and other potential regulatory issues to see if the plans for your satellite installation will cause any problems. If you live in an area that is governed by a homeowners’ association, be sure to find out about any restrictions that may be on the books there as well.
- Taking a quick drive around the neighborhood – Your dish will south-facing so that it will pick up the signal from the geostationary satellite that transmits the necessary signals. By taking a drive around you neighborhood, you’ll be able to get some ideas on the best locations for your satellite installation.
- Looking for present and future obstructions – Your dish will need a direct line of site that isn’t blocked by solid obstructions. These barriers can include manmade ones such as building additions or natural transmission blockers such as trees. Be sure to factor in the future growth potential of recently trimmed trees or fast growers like those from the Royal Empress or Hybrid Poplar families.
- Factoring in an extra dish – If you’ll be using a satellite signal for internet in addition to a TV signal, you’ll need an extra dish for the transmission of the internet signal. The optimal location for the TV dish will likely be the best for the internet dish, as long as there is enough room for a side-by-side installation.
- The best route for connecting the receivers to TVs and devices – While some connections are short and direct, others may require routing through the attic or other areas where items are being stored. If the connection will have to run through a congested space, be sure to clear it before the start of the installation.
Taking these steps can help to facilitate a smooth satellite installation. Additionally, by doing some planning before the start of the process, you can express preferences for the location of receivers and other aesthetic issues that would otherwise be decided by the installer.
Tags: Home theater
, Home theater system
, Satellite installation services